It’s such a Blessing to be able to teach Christian Yoga so that others can experience Yoga in a Christian environment!
WHoly Formed Yoga 200 Hour Teacher Training
This in-depth training and mentoring program offers you a structured environment for transitioning into the rewarding role of yoga teacher with an emphasis on scripture and prayer, and growing in the Word and Spirit of God. In the 200-hour Christian yoga training, you’ll learn the mechanics of hatha yoga developing the skills and confidence necessary to teach while integrating the love, joy, wisdom, and presence of God.
All of Purple Lotus/WHoly Formed Yoga programs combine mind-body lectures, yoga classes, group activities, mentoring, and other self-enhancement exercises to deepen your understanding and knowledge of yoga and your relationship to God.
Our 200-hour curriculum includes, but is not limited to:
- Hatha Yoga Essentials & Techniques: Deepen your own understanding while learning how to teach these essentials to others.
- Breakdown of 50 beginning to intermediate asanas including alignment and modifications in the five main categories of poses–standing, seated, prone, supine and inversion. Includes lecture, demonstration, personal exploration and outside homework.
- Basic breathing techniques and pranayama (they ARE different) as well as the physiological, mental and emotional benefits of four key breathing practices.
- Meditation and inviting in Spirit. Learn the benefits and various methods for meditation.
- Methods of a Teacher: Learn teaching techniques culminated from a decade+ of experience (and mistakes).
- Structure & sequence a beginner to intermediate level class. Learn the four sections of class and the tips for creating a logical flow of postures.
- Learn tools of the trade and how to mix & match to create a unique class experience every time.
- Ethics and the teacher’s role in a group class environment.
- Yogic Philosophy: Study the rich and ancient history of this self-realization practice.
- Basic history, including the key teachers who had the biggest impact on how we practice yoga today.
- Basic yoga philosophy including the eight limbs and six major forms of yoga. Analyze and interpret the Yamas & Niyamas, and study their relationship to Scripture.
- Evolution of yoga from a physical, mental, emotional and spiritual perspective, and how it grows to become a way of life, not just a set of postures.
- WHoly Formed Christian philosophy and Spiritual basis.
- Yoga Anatomy & Physiology: Study the physical and energetic anatomy of the human body.
- The 12 major systems of the body, their functions and how yoga impacts each one, providing physiological reasons and benefits.
- Energy Anatomy and Physiology from a Biblical Standpoint, and creating physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual health.
Dates & Locations
Serving Garland and the surrounding areas
All training is currently conducted at WHoly Formed Yoga, 624 W State Street, Garland, TX 75040.
WHoly Formed Christian Yoga Teacher Training is taught by Brenda Ross, ERYT-200.
Our next Weekend Session Dates for 200-HOUR will be in 2020:
Meeting times: 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Investment & Fine Print
Tuition for 200-HOUR: $2000 full-pay; $350 for 6-pay ($2100)
A $200 non-refundable deposit is required and does not apply toward the total tuition listed above. Deposit covers administrative fees varies by location.
For more information and to get registered, please contact Brenda Ross at 214-793-1717 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org